Dear Guacamole, you complete me.
I’m such a fan of guac. You can have it with chips, on tacos or fajitas, with a salad, with veggie sticks, on toast or anything else you can think of! This humble guac recipe is my fav, but feel free to change up the ingredients to suit your own flavors!
- 3 Ripe avocados
- 1 Small tomato, seeds removed
- 1 Small red onion
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- Juice of 1 and 1/2 fresh limes
- Handful fresh cilantro (coriander)
- 1/2 Teaspoon chili powder
- 1/2 Teaspoon red chili flakes
- 1 Teaspoon cumin
- 1/2 Teaspoon each Salt & Pepper
- Remove seeds and dice tomato
- Finely dice 3/4 of the red onion
- Finely chop the cilantro
- Add the avocados to a bowl and mash gently (leave chunks – if you mash it too much here it will go to mush by the time you’re done)
- Add the tomato, garlic, onion and spices
- Add the cilantro, and the lime juice and gently stir together. Mix harder if you prefer a smoother texture. Save in a sealed container in the fridge.