Who says healthy cant be tasty and filling! This baked salmon, accompanied by an avocado salad and homemade dressing, is packed full of goodness. No need for fancy equipment, this simple dish will make your diners think they’re at a restaurant!
- 2 salmon darns
- 2 Avocados
- Iceberg lettuce
- 1 tomato
- Small cucumber
- 1/4 Red Onion
- Lemon + Lime
- Coriander (cilantro)
- Olive Oil
- Apple cider vinegar
For the Salmon
- Preheat the oven to 375°F/191°C.
- Take 2 salmon darns and place on aluminum foil in a baking tray.
- Sprinkle with salt, pepper and dried dill weed. Place a lemon slice on top.
- Cover with foil and bake for 20 – 25 minutes, depending on how well cooked you prefer it.
For the Salad
- While the salmon is baking, make the salad.
- Dice a little cucumber, tomato, and iceberg lettuce.
- Finely dice 2 slices of red onion, and a few sprigs of coriander (cilantro).
- Finally, cut 2 ripe avocados into large chunks.
For the Dressing
- Mix 4 tablespoons of extra virgin olive oil with 1 teaspoon of apple cider vinegar.
- Add a pinch of sea salt and pepper.
- Stir in the juice of a fresh lemon quarter and fresh lime quarter.
Combine the salad and dressing in a bowl and mix until the avocado is softening – creating a thick style salad. I like to pack some of the mix into a small round or square bowl, then turn upside down on a plate to serve. Pop the salmon on the plate and you’re all set!